Cardano Kupo Port
This page provides instructions on how to interact with the Cardano Kupo service offered by Demeter.
Kupo is fast, lightweight and configurable chain-index for the Cardano blockchain. It synchronizes data from the blockchain according to patterns matching addresses present in transaction outputs and builds a lookup table from matches to their associated output references, values, datums and scripts.
Each Demeter cluster provides highly-available, multi-tenant instances of Cardano Kupo. Requests to these instances are load balanced. Projects can request Kupo from an HTTP client.
Demeter Kupo will consume DCUs from your project's wallet proportional to the volume of the requests. If no requests are executed, Demeter will not charge anything.
To enable access in your project, you need to add a Cardano Kupo Port resource:
- Login to Demeter.run (opens in a new tab)
- Select your project (opens in a new tab)
- From your project's dashboard, click "Add Resource"
- Find the resource "Cardano Kupo Port" card and select it
- Click "Create Resource"
- Select the Cardano network you want to access
- Click "Create Resource" once again
Once created, your Cardano Kupo Port resource will present you with the required information to request the Kupo instance:
- HTTP Endpoint URL: the publicly accessible hostname of the Kupo instance by network (eg:
- HTTP Authenticated Endpoint URL: the publicly accessible hostname of the Kupo instance, but with the key set on the hostname without necessary to set it on the header. (eg:
- Api Key: the key to authenticating, will needs to be set on the header (eg:
The above value will change for each project depending on your configuration.