Create your First Project
A project holds all your infrastructure, from dev workspaces to Cardano nodes. To create a new project and start building, follow these steps:
From the home page, select the Projects button.
Once there, select the New Project + button.
The creation of a new project includes a series of steps detailed below:
- Choose an organization: Every project belongs to an organization. You can use one of your existing organizations or create a new one. A default Organization is automatically created with your Account creation. Then, select the Next button.
- Select a cluster. As of today, Demeter provides a cluster only in the
US-centralregion, but plans for expansion are on their way. Then, select the Next button.
- Choose a plan for your project. Every plan includes access to all extensions, unlimited collaborators, and access to preview, preprod, and mainnet Cardano Node. Then, select the Next button.
- Finally, give your project a name and a description (this last one is optional). On this screen, you'll also be able to see the chosen subscription and a summary of the features of your project selected in the previous steps. Make sure all the information is correct before creating it; if not, you can return to a previous step with the Back button. In case everything is right, select the Create Project button.
- After creating your project, it will display a "Project successfully created!" message. Now, you can
openyour project in the Development Console to start building or go to the
Adminpage to manage your project details.
In case you have chosen a paid plan, you'll have a "Add payment method" button.
Access the Development Console
It's easy to access the Development console for any of the projects you have created or have been invited as a Collaborator.
From the Projects screen, just select the
open button on the Project Card you want to access.
You will be immediately re-directed to the Development Console. This is where all the magic happens. Take your time to explore the extensions available and play around with the tools provided.